FOMC Meeting Announcement Precedents
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 24th, 2012
Below are three trading patterns that our pattern recognition algorithm pulled from our historical database.
These represent the most dominant patterns from the last 5 years of FOMC announcement sessions where the market opened with a gap higher (of 0.3% or more).
Curve 1 represents the most dominant pattern, curve 2 and curve 3 represent less dominant patterns.
Note the crescendo of activity 30-40 minutes after the announcement across all curves.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Three Ways To Be In Service To the Market
- Underlying behavioral trends
- Pattern Recognition vs Pattern Matching
- Seasons of the market
- Volatility expands at the end of a bull market
- Market maps and cycle changes
- Macro that matters
- Is your brain a fortress or a wild bus ride?
- Sector Momentum Visualized
- Simple rule to improve financial decisions