A Warning from Shanghai
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on June 22nd, 2012
The Shanghai composite is much more sensitive than the $SPX lately and one of the world indices not making new lows. It has previously been an excellent tell on the $SPX and should give you a days worth of warning if the situation in Europe starts to deteriorate further. If you’re bullish, pick your swing low ($2344 or $2252) and use that as your pivot for the summer months.
We gave up the first pivot at the end of May and dropped 50 handles quick-snap. We could be in for similar treatment if we lose the 2252 level.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Three Ways To Be In Service To the Market
- Underlying behavioral trends
- Pattern Recognition vs Pattern Matching
- Seasons of the market
- Volatility expands at the end of a bull market
- Market maps and cycle changes
- Macro that matters
- Is your brain a fortress or a wild bus ride?
- Sector Momentum Visualized
- Simple rule to improve financial decisions