A Message from the Dow Transports
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on March 2nd, 2012
The Dow Transportation Index has been underperforming the S&P 500 for the entire month of February. That alone didn’t concern me because of the overall trend and bullish backdrop. What concerns me now is that the Transports are not running to new highs. The $SPX closed above the Bin Laden top on February 16 and the $TRAN has been selling off — not a good sign. I’ve given the Transports the benefit of the doubt because these things often take time to resolve. Time’s up. We are now officially in warning territory.
The overall trend is higher and will continue to be. I am very bullish for higher prices in equities over a longer time horizon, but we’re setting up for a near-term pullback.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Three Ways To Be In Service To the Market
- Underlying behavioral trends
- Pattern Recognition vs Pattern Matching
- Seasons of the market
- Volatility expands at the end of a bull market
- Market maps and cycle changes
- Macro that matters
- Is your brain a fortress or a wild bus ride?
- Sector Momentum Visualized
- Simple rule to improve financial decisions