Historical Precendent: Fourth Quarter Nonfarm Payrolls ES_F, SPY, SPX
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 31st, 2011
Here are some select examples of weeks in the fourth quarter where Nonfarm Payrolls are released. These were selected by our algo as loosely similar to the situation we’re currently in. As you can see, the general trend is higher. Key takeaway: watch the direction on Wednesday, taking out Tuesday’s range can be the tell for a reversal on the week.
The last Nonfarm payrolls week (October 4 – 7, 2011) pivoted the market and led to a run of over 20%. In my opinion this is the single most gamed economic release in the US markets. Anything can happen, but I’m looking for a pullback and then weekly highs made into the Friday report. We’ll see where we go from there.
October 3 – 7. 2011:
November 29 – December 3, 2010:
October 4 – 8, 2010:
November 2 – 6, 2009:
December 1 – 5, 2008:
November 3 – 7, 2008:
December 3 – 7, 2007:
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- How does Apple trade after earnings?
- 70 days of suffering in WalMart
- April is very bullish in a weird way
- Representativeness Bias: Easy Classifications
- Confirmation bias: A dependable filter of objective information
- Conservatism Bias: How to know what new information to focus on
- Sentiment Flip
- Pardon the interruption
- Wait for the market to flex
- How SPY typically trades after a gap up/down on NFP report